Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bette Davis Eyes

I saw this collection and died! John Galliano is already one of my favorites but this Pre-Fall 2010 line made me feel like I was in America circa 1940. World War II was going on, there were rations on fabric and the silhouettes turned masculine and looked very similar to military uniforms. Galliano also made sure to include glamorous dresses we would have seen in the forties as well. I felt like this collection bared a resemblance to Edith Head's designs for Bette Davis and Elizabeth Taylor.

Above: A few looks from the Dior collection.

Above(left to right): A sketch from the forties, Bette Davis in a flowing dress, a design sketch by Edith Head, and Elizabeth Taylor on the set of A Place in the Sun.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the dress on the left, and the jacket (third from the left).

    ReplyDelete