Thursday, January 7, 2010

Say it Once... Say it Twice... But We Dare You to Say it THREE TIMES

Today, I woke up at 12:53 PM. Well, I guess, make that yesterday. As I write this, it is 1:37 AM and I can hear Daft Punk's Face to Face playing on the other side of my apartment. It's in this bout of insomnia that I felt compelled to write an inspiration post.

Right when I woke up, ya know, this afternoon, a few friends came over and it was decided that we should watch Beetlejuice. It had at least been since Halloween since I had a little Tim Burton magic in my life, so I agreed. Just as it started, I realized how much I loved this movie. Lydia Deetz is like the OG emo kid with lines like: "I myself, am strange and unusual."

As a kid, I was first introduced to Beetlejuice in cartoon form on Nickelodeon. It wasn't until later that my Mom introduced me to the Tim Burton original.


Besides a plot line I find fascinating with the whole only-some-people-can-see-ghosts thing I, of course, love Lydia and Delia's clothes. They're all very dark and pretty, a concept I am really loving, dahling.

The house used in the movie with the weird add-ons and Delia's sculptures deserves an honorable mention too:


UPDATE: Did anyone notice I only typed out that name twice in this post?

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY BLOG MAD GIRL!!

    Just one thing: Lydia Deetz is not EMO, she´s more like DARK or GOTH, because EMO kids didn´t exist in the 80´s.

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete